Chilliwack PieceMakers Quilting Guild

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

May Meeting 

Programs

UFO Challenge reveal and prize winners.  Elections for the 2019 - 2020 year.  Judy Campbell will run the elections.  Positions available are: President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, Programs (2), Newsletter, Library.

Fat Quarter Draw

This month the colour is Yellow.  Remember there is no limit to the number you can contribute, and for each fat quarter you bring your name will be entered into the draw.

We Care

Trendtex Challenge was a success.  If we do it again make all the projects the same size, for ease of batting and backing prep. In September an announcement will be made to make We Care projects from Christmas Fabric and have them handed in at the Novemeber meeting so they can be delivered in December before Christmas.  RCMP request to purchase a quilt for personal use will be refered to Hamels and we will ask at a general meeting if anyone want to sell one.

Membership - Registration

Asking for next Septembers membership dues to be paid during the May or June meeting to ease the way for September and Darlene as Karlie will be absent that meeting.  Still $30.00 for the 2019 - 2020 year.

Newsletter

Next reports are due Wed 8 May or earlier.

Library

A bin audit will take place in June at that time the wheels will be replaced with a more heavy duty set.

Retreat

Retreat has 19 members paid, there is space for one more person.  No news on an event at Charis.

Quilt Show

14 members signed up to be part of the committee to sew on the Raffle Quilt. Our first meeting will be on May 22 Wed at Karlie's house.

Old Business

Show & Tell new wires are almost complete, one more section left.

Sewing room / Studio tours - 5 members signed up, looking for one more.  Will be held sometime in November on a Saturday.

Guild table cloth will be displayed at the registration desk, new members will be asked to sign it, we have a pen ready to go.

New Business

Suggested be form a new volunteer position called Mini Projects/Lotto Blocks, Janet will be taking on this new role and is looking for one helper.

Suggested we add to our meeting just before break a Tips/Tricks, this would be given by members, telling about a tip or trick they use.  Try with a theme eg: rotary cutters, have anyone who has advice tell about it.  Will start this in Sept.

 

April Meeting 

Programs

FAV FIVE - Kate Davies, Cathy Cameron, Sharon Bolton will be showing their quilts during a fifteen minute presention each.

Fat Quarter Draw

This month the colour is Plaid.  Remember there is no limit to the number you can contribute, and for each fat quarter you bring your name will be entered into the draw.

We Care

The Workshop day is all ready for Sat April 6.  More batting needs to be purchased, it was suggested 2 more rolls be bought.

Membership - Registration

95 members are signed up.

Newsletter

Next reports are due Wed 10 April or earlier.

Library

One of the wheels is not working on the book bin, Diane will be looking into an alternative bin for book storage or wheel replacement.  It was suggested maybe 6 wheels on each section would make it roll better.

Retreat

Retreat for next year is set for Feb 14 - 16 at Springbrooks, there are 18 paid members already and space for two more. Carla is looking into a possiblilty of another Retreat at Charis for 2020 between May and Sept.

Sunshine/Hospitality

Two members have joined this committee, Ineke and Hannah.

Quilt Show

A signup sheet will be distributed at the April meeting for members to form a committee to sew on the Raffle Quilt.

New Business

Judy will run the elections at the May meeting.  Open positions will be: President, Vice President, Secretary, Tresurer, Newsletter, Programs (2 people), Library.

Toonie Day Retreat - will be held at the Cooks Church, from 10am - 8pm with a pot luck event.  Sonja will be coordinating this event.

Show & Tell wires will we a new stronger wire support.  Janet will be buying the hardware for these.  Lyn, Janet and Neil will be installing them.

Sewing room / Studio tours - a signup sheet will be at the April meeting to see if we can find 6 volunteers to make this a go ahead activity.

Guild banner will be displayed at each meeting and will become the responsibility of the Vice-President.

Guild table cloth will be displayed at the registration desk each meeting and will become the responsibility of the Registration.  Suggested that new members sign their name on it.

 

February Meeting 

Programs

February meeting will be a members buy and sell night, Stash Liquidation from their sewing rooms.  Details will be in the newsletter. March meeting will be a Trunk Show from Wilma Brock.

Fat Quarter Draw

This month the colour is Red.  Remember there is no limit to the number you can contribute, and for each fat quarter you bring your name will be entered into the draw.

We Care

More fabric has been donated to the We Care program: Marg M - fabric, Moreah F - fabric, Shirley S - fabric and books.  Unwanted items will be placed on the give away table. Thank you letters have been sent. Sign-up sheet will be passed around for the April 6 workshop.

Membership - Registration

91 members are signed up.

Newsletter

Next reports are due Wed 13 February or earlier.

Library

Many new books have been purchased.

Retreat

The Annual Retreat is all ready to go for the end of the month, the final bill will be paid to Springbook this week.  Karlie asked for photos to be taken for the webpage.

Sunshine/Hospitality

Three cards sent out.  A request will be made for 2 or 3 new volunteers to help out.

New Business

CQA will be send a $250 donation to go towards the Guild Rosette Invitational for the 2018 show.

Show 'n Tell will be trying a wire cable to replace the rope clothes line. Asking for new volunteers as those who signed up are not always available.

Executive Positions to be voted on at the May meeting:  Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Programs, Workshops (Current executive will try to approach and find possible nominees)

Members Retreat Day - $2 cost, guild will cover all other costs.  Janet will make a sign-up sheet asking for participants and prefered date of May or Oct. 

Raffle Quilt Committee 2020 Quilt Show - at the March meeting there will be a sign-up for participants wishing to work on the raffle quilt, first meeting will be called for the group in April to discuss pattern ideas

 

January Meeting 

Programs

SewLympics has 6 teams of 4 signed up and 5 ladies doing hand work.  All the detailed will be provided in the newsletter.  Members who did not sign up can still form a team or sew individually and be prepared to join in at the meeting. Prizes will be gift cards.  February meeting will be a members buy and sell night, Stash Liquidation from thier sewing rooms.  Details will be in the January newsletter and an intro will be given at the January meeting.

Fat Quarter Draw

This month the colour is White.  Remember there is no limit to the number you can contribute, and for each fat quarter you bring your name will be entered into the draw.

We Care

Kits have been prepaerd and providied for the SewLympics event.  A large amount of fabric has been donated to We Care, it has been sorted, items that We Care do not want will be placed on the give away table at the January meeting. Fabric from Trend Tex has arrived and has been sorted and bundled into rolls to be distributed for a We Care Challenge.  A sign up sheet and explanation of the event will take place at the January meeting.

Membership - Registration

91 members are signed up, one new member last month.

Newsletter

Next reports are due Wed 2 January.

Old Business

Food donations from the December meeting were delivered by Darlene T to the Salvation Army, they were very appreciative of the generosity of the guild.

New Business

Two chairty donations ($250) will be given to the communtiy this year.  Voting on locations will take place at the next meeting.  Touques will be need for next years Youth Bags.  Quilting Day for middle school children + adult will be left in the hands of Elizabeth G to form a committee to organize this.

 

November Meeting 

Programs

November meeting will be introducing a UFO challenge, handing out the Pin Cushion Swaps, introducing a Christmas Lotto Block and signing up for SewLympics to be held in January.

Fat Quarter Draw

This month the colour is Brown.  Remember there is no limit to the number you can contribute, and for each fat quarter you bring your name will be entered into the draw.

We Care

New fabric has been purchased at Hamels and Country Folk for kits.  Kits are being cut and packaged for the We Care workshop and the SewLympics event.

Membership - Registration

89 members are signed up.

Newsletter

Next reports are due Wed 14 November.

Sunshine - Hospitality 

Hannah B. has offered to help out when one of the others is not able to show up.

Retreat 

Final installment will be due at the November, they have been emailed.  There are 2 persons on the waitlist.

Quilt Show 

Wrap up meeting was held, evaluation sheets and comments were reviewed.  Suggestions were noted for the next show.  Shirley V. provided a financial statement comparing 2016 and 2018.  Thank you cards and gift certificates are being handed out to special volunteers.  Three gift cards for Hamels will be given at the next meeting for volunteers (by randon name draw). 

Old Business

The P.A. System will be taken home by Rachel B. at the end of the November meeting so Jeff was look at the issues. We decided to not enter the Canadian Quilt Assoc's a new challenge. 26 quilts were collected for Telegraph Creek, they have been delivered in two large boxes.

New Business

Two chairty donations ($250) will be given to the communtiy this year.  Voting on locations will take place at the next meeting.  Touques will be need for next years Youth Bags.  Quilting Day for middle school children + adult will be left in the hands of Elizabeth G to form a committee to organize this.

 

October Meeting 

Programs

October we will host Matt Wheeler presenting his trunk show.

Fat Quarter Draw

This month the colour is Orange.  Remember there is no limit to the number you can contribute, and for each fat quarter you bring your name will be entered into the draw.

We Care

The suggested date for the We Care workshop this year held in the spring is April 6.  A vote will be held at the general meeting to decide if 24 quilts will be sent to the Telegraph Creek forest fire victims.  Thank you letter is being sent to Audrey G. for her generous donaton of fabric to the We Care program. Dorinda G. is joining the committee. Ginger will follow up in the Trend Tex offer.

Membership - Registration

77 members are signed up.

Newsletter

Next reports are due Wed 10 Oct.

Website

The website has now been made mobile phone responsive for better viewing.

Workshops

Karri W. is stepping down, a new volunteer will be asked for at the October meeting.

Sunshine - Hospitality 

Rosemarie F. will be joining the committee.

Retreat 

Final installment will be due at the November meeting, 5 have paid in full already.  There are 2 persons on the waitlist.

Quilt Show 

Registration is now closed, we have more quilts registered than 2 years ago, so we will be asking members with multiple entries to prioritize their choices in the case we can not hang them all.  An email will be sent asking for Challenge quilts to be registered through email to Beatrice. There are many places on the volunteer sheet not yet filled in, it will be addresses at the October meeting. The newsletter will have all the current information as will the webpage.  

Old Business

The P.A. System is still not functioning correctly, it will be looked into again.

New Business

Canadian Quilt Assoc. is introducing a new challenge it will be posted in our coming newsletter to see if there is any interest.

 

 

August Meeting 

Programs

September we will have Sue Jensen presenting her trunk show of framed art quilts and others.

Fat Quarter Draw

This month the colour is Dealers Choice.  Remember there is no limit to the number you can contribute, and for each fat quarter you bring your name will be entered into the draw.

We Care

The committee has purchased two rolls of batting for the coming year.  There will be only one We Care workshop this year held in the spring. 

Membership - Registration

Reminder your membership fees are due at the September meeting, the cost is $30.00 (same as last year).  If paying my cheque please make it out to the CHILLIWACK PIECEMAKERS QUILT GUILD.  If paying by cash please place it in an envelop with your name on it.  In both situations please include your memebership number.

Newsletter

Jane invites all members to contribute to the newsletter.  Tell about a show you visited, a retreat you attended, new pttern you are trying, blogs you visit, cohorts you sew with, really anything that would interest another quilter.  Next reports are due Wed 12 Sept.

Library

Culling of the books has been completed, they will be donated to the guild sale table at the Quilt Show 2108.

Sunshine - Hospitality 

Wanda is stepping down from this postion, Cherri will be continuing, please consider filling this vacant position.

Retreat 

Next installment of $100 will be due at the September meeting, final installment will be due at the November meeting.

Quilt Show 

The newsletter will have all the current information as will the webpage.  Of concern is that there are only approximately 58 quilts registered so far of the 150/200 we need. Carla will be asking members to make leaves for decorating the show. The new anniversary table cloth is being quilted and will be bound by Ursula, it will be ready for the show. Volunteer list will be distributed at the Sept and Oct meetings.  The frames for the show will be collected Thurs afternoon from Carolyn.

Members Information 2018 - 2019

ARCHIVES OF EXECUTIVE MEETINGS / MEMBERS INFO 

 

2017 - 2018

2016 - 2017

 

This website is created and hosted by Website.com's Site Builder.