April Meeting 

Old Business

Still looking for a Vice President for next year.  Elections will be in May.

New Business

At the August Exec meeting will have a discussion about possible membership fee increase, this would assist in budgeting more for programs.

Will announce that September to December meetings will continue via Zoom unless we are allowed back in our meeting venue.  Discussion about using the church Wifi for Zoom presentations once we return to meet there.

Programs

Melissa Marginet will be doing a Trunk Show of her quilting journey for the April meeting.  May meeting will be Susan Madu again with a different topic. Will organize an auction for the June meeting, write-up of info will be in the newsletter.

Newsletter

Newsletter acticles and reports needed by Monday 12  April.  Members topic this month 'Covid Chronicles Update'.

We Care

Dorinda G has shown interest in being part of a committee for next year, still looking for two others. Can have a cutting party to make kits to help out the committee.

 

 

August Meeting 

Programs

All future meetings will be held via Zoom until we are meeting face-to-face again. Trial sessions will be set up before the September meeting to assist members with setting up Zoom. Forwarded a link to a listing of virtual programs that can be checked out.  September meeting will be a show and tell from the members and possibly breakout chat meetings. Prizes will be given via random draw for meeting attendance and Facebook posting during the month. Consider a Zoom Sew Day once a month. 

Membership - Registration

We will be collecting $30 for membership fees.  With no quilt show the fees will help cover the costs of web hosting, post office, programs, prizes, Libib and a Zoom account.  Will be checking out the availablity for payment via e-transfer.  Past members not signed up by the end of October will be removed form our list.

Newsletter

Next reports are due Mon Aug 31 or earlier. Newsletter delivery will be Sept 4, earlier than usual to allow members to get info about Zoom and other changes.

Webpage

Will need to rely on the members to send photos to help with the webpage updates now that we will not be meeting face-to-face.

We Care

Will call around to the community locations to see if they are accepting quilts again, we have heard Hospice is accepting them.  Will call for one or two member volunteers to accept the deliveries of member quilts that will then be picked up by the committee and delivered to the communtiy.
 
Library

Will continue subscribing to Libib but will cancel all other subscriptions until we meet again.  Will check in with the church about continuing storage of our library box.  

Advertising

Will make contact with all advertisers to see if they will be continuing with ads in our newsletter.

Make One Take One

Consider the option of a block of the month that everyone can participate with at home.

March Meeting 

Programs

Carola will be doing a trunk show in March, titled 'Scrap Happy & Fat Quarter Quits'.  Melissa Marginet will be doing a Trunk Show of her quilting journey for the April meeting.  May meeting will be Susan Madu again with a different topic.  Offered SAQA 'A Touch of Orange' PowerPoint a 15 minute presentation.

Newsletter

Newsletter acticles and reports needed by Monday 8  March.  No members topic this month.

We Care

New labels to arrive this week.

Workshops

Melissa Marginet will be offering 'Walking Foot Quilting' on April 23, Friday. We have the numbers to make this go ahead. Janet S will be ordering the books in bulk to save on shipping costs. Susan Madu 'Pillow" workshop will take place Sept 18 & 25 (saturdays).

 

February Meeting 

New Business

A vote wil be held at the Feb meeting to amend the budget and add more money to the Programs and We Care committees.

In May we will be looking to vote in a new Vice President, all other elected postions are remaining.  We will also need new volunteers for the We Care committee.

Maureen can order Susan M's patterns for guild members through her store.

Programs

Cherry Tree Quilts will do a pop up shop for February.  Carola will be doing a trunk show in March.  Will check with Susan about doing a workshop in the fall for her Pillow project.

Newsletter

Newsletter acticles and reports needed by Monday 8  Feb.  To continue encouraging members to add input to the newsletter a new question will be sent out (topic - How do you sort and store your thread?).

We Care

More that 40 kits have been cut and packaged.  A new supply of labels has been ordered, 5 yards worth.

UFO

More than 20 members have signed up to work on the challenge.

 

December Meeting 

Old Business

Post office in Sardis has a box available, will wait until the current contract with the downtown box expires then will make the transfer. Decision to make standard payment for all program presentations and all demos offered.

Programs

FAN - Circles and Lines will be presented in December as well as a recipes collection.  Susan Muda will be the January program.  Cherry Tree Quilts will do a pop up shop for February.  

Membership - Registration

60 members signed up to date. 

Newsletter

Newsletter acticles and reports needed by Monday 7 December.  To continue encouraging members to add input to the newsletter a new question will be sent out (topic - Tablet Apps used, related to quilting).

We Care

Lyn has 6 ready for pick-up.  Ann Davis has made a request for quilts. 

Advertising

Carola is donating gift certificates one a month to the end of our year in June.

UFO

Start a UFO challenge in the new year, for projects started before Covid.

Zoom

Investigate new ways to use Zoom with our members: whiteboard, scavenger hunt, etc.

January Meeting 

Programs

Susan Muda will be the January program.  Cherry Tree Quilts will do a pop up shop for February.  Carola will be doing a trunk show in March.

Membership - Registration

63 members signed up to date. 

Newsletter

Newsletter acticles and reports needed by Monday 11 Jan.  To continue encouraging members to add input to the newsletter a new question will be sent out (topic - How many UFO's do you currently have?).

We Care

Member Betty F continues to make donations to We Care, Ginger C and Gail W have done the pick up and sorting.  Items not used for We Care will be sorted for the Give Away table (when we meet again), Days for Girls, with the remaining for a thrift store.  Karlie M will collect items for the Guild Boutique table at our future quilt show.

Advertising

Grace M has revised her donation to the prizes, from a certificate to a package of 4 fat quarters ( for porch pick up).

UFO

Will introduce in the January newletter and at the January general meeting a UFO Challenge.  Must be an item started before Covid Mar 2020. Can enter as many as you like. To enter a photo of the partly finished project needs to be sent to the guild email. A webpage will be made to promote and show the projects.  Maureen W is donating a prize for the winner. Photos of finished projects sent to the guild email by May will be put in the random draw for the prize. Announce the prize winner at the June meeting.

 

October Meeting 

Old Business

Will check into the possibility of moving the downtown Chilliwack post office box to the Sardis location.

Treasurer

The proposed bugdet was reviewed and discussed ready to be sent to the membership for review.

Programs

Silly Moon will be presenting in October.  Hannah and Ineke will present in November.  FAN Circles and Lines will present in December. Consider a 50/50 draw to raise money if needed.

Membership - Registration

45 members signed up to date. Graceland Quilts has donated a gift certificate for October.  An email will be sent to remind members who have not signed up yet.

Newsletter

Newsletter acticles and reports needed by Monday 12 October.

We Care

22 quilts were collected in the month of September and distributed to the community.  Cynthia Challenge winners will be announced in the newsletter.  Will look into a grant opportunity for We Care funds.
 

Advertising

6 advertisers have paid up for in the newsletter.

Retreat 

Will consider a virtual Zoom retreat for March or April. 

Round Robin

Janet is still accepting names and groups for the Round Robin.  Another email reminder will be sent out.

Exec Meetings 2020

November Meeting 

Old Business

CQA has some issues with their membership system, they indicated we were not members but in fact we have paid our membership and confirmed it.

Treasurer

Account amounts confirmed.

Programs

A movie of Hannah and Ineke will be presented in November.  FAN - Circles and Lines will be presented in December as well as a recipes collection.  Susan Muda and Trish Riswold have been contacted for future programs. Will make contact with Cherry Tree quilts for a pop up shop.  Considering Cherri M to do a presentation on History of English Quilting.

Membership - Registration

57 members signed up to date. Graceland Quilts has donated gift certificates for the remaining meetings for the year.  Membership email list and Facebook have been updated with current members. An email will be sent to all members with an updated membership list.

Newsletter

Newsletter acticles and reports needed by Monday 9 November.  To continue encouraging members to add input to the newsletter a new question will be sent out (topic - shopping).

We Care

Kits are still available.  Thanks to member Betty F for a large donation of fabric and other quilt items.

Advertising

Will inquire if Chitter Chatter and Carola would be interested in giving gift cards for a few advertiment each month in our newsletter.

Round Robin

Collecting photos of the starting round to post on the webpage.

September Meeting 

Old Business

The church is willing to continue storing our library and other items at no cost until we return.  They will let us know when we can resume using the facility.  Decision was made to purchase a one year subscription to Zoom for our exec and general meetings, allowing us to run meeting of unlimited time length.

Treasurer

The proposed bugdet was reviewed and discussed.  Once it is revised it will be sent to the membership via email for review, followed by a vote in October. E-transfers have been set up for our bank account.  Membership fees will be kept track of on a spreadsheet.  Instructions to set up the guild as a payee will be sent in an email.

Programs

Global Quilt Connection was investigated and will be looked into further making inquires to potential presenters for our guild programs. September will be Show & Tell and breakout rooms for informal chat time to reconnect.  Silly Moon will be contacted about the possibility of presenting in October. A long list of possible program ideas was presented from the Programs Committee meeting.

Membership - Registration

The existing Hamel's certificates that were on hand were used to purchase charm packs, one for the September meeting attendee and 4 to use for the Cynthia Challenge.  A letter will be drafted and sent to various other stores asking if they would like to make gift certificate donations.  We may purchase 9 for the remainder of the year.

Newsletter

Newsletter delivery will be Sept 4 or 5 to the membership via email.

We Care

34 quilts were divided into bundles and distributed to the community.  They were very thankful that we are starting to send them again.  There are plenty of kits, fabric and batting to last the year, so a diminished budget should not be a problem.  Cynthia Challenge will wrap up at the end of September after names and photos have been collected, 4 gifts will be awarded randomly to the participants.
 

Make One Take One - Now Round Robin

4 or 5 members will form a group and plan the specifics of their Round Robin.  Trade packages over a period of 5 months, showing the finished projects in March.  Will look into using Zoom for Robin Robin meetings and sharing.

Website Created & Hosted by Doteasy Web Hosting Canada