RULES AND GUIDELINE FOR THE CHALLENGE
1. ONLY USE TRENDTEX FABRIC (by MODA)
2. IF NECESSARY, YOU MAY USE SOME NEUTRALS ie. WHITES, ECRUS, BEIGES OR PALE GREYS.
3. TRENDTEX LABEL MUST BE ATTACHED TO BACK, (GINGER HAS THEM).
4. BACKINGS AND BATTINGS TO BE SUPPLIED FROM WE CARE SUPPLIES.
5. PHOTOS OF EACH QUILT WILL BE TAKEN AND EMAILED TO TRENDTEX (SUE JENSEN).
6. PHOTOS WILL BE POSTED ON INSTAGRAM BY TRENDTEX RECOGNIZING FABRIC DONATED BY TRENDTEX AND QUILTS MADE BY CHILLIIWACK PIECEMAKERS QUILT GUILD.
7. ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE CONTACT A MEMBER OF THE WE CARE COMMITTEE.
8. IF POSSIBLE, PLEASE SUBMIT QUILTS BY APRIL OR MAY FOR DISTRIBUTION PRIOR TO OUR SUMMER BREAK.
Trend Tex We Care Challenge
Ginger did a great job at informing the members about this new challenge. All the bundles available were signed out. Thank you to all those members who took a bundle of fabric to participate in this challenge we look forward seeing your designs and finished quilts.
The Trend Tex We Care Challenge is open to all members who wish to participate. Sign up will take place at the January meeting and February if there are any bundles still left. You may work with a partner if you like, designing the pattern together and sharing in the sewing. Each person/partnership will take a bundle of Trend Tex fabric to produce a quilt for We Care distribution. We Care is especially in need of quilts for Hospice that are sized 42 x 45 and 48 x 60 or slightly larger. Only Trend Tex prints can be used (none of your own fabric prints may be added). If you need to add frabric for the design or to make a larger quilt you may add your own farbric in light neutral colours. The design is your own choice, we are hoping for some great ideas and creativity beyond the standard 6 x 6 block kits that We Care makes up. Finished quilts will be posted on this page. We hope you will join in on the fun of this creative challenge!